Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quick hello from Dallas

bull3

(Me riding a mechanical bull here in Dallas back in 2003)

Got a few spare moments here at Dallas airport waiting for my flight to LA so thought I'd check in with you guys! Had a fabulous gig last night here at the Lizard Lounge - so thanks to everyone that came out... 

Was a loooonnnng day yesterday - I flew straight out of London direct to Dallas - about a 10 hour flight, we got delayed because they couldn't close the cargo door, and then when we got to Dallas had to wait 2 hours for the bags to come out because it was jammed shut! Haha! I bet the Dallas maintenance crew were cursing the Heathrow dudes... Met some nice brits while I was waiting at belt 5 anyway so no harm done really - just ate into my disco nap time a bit...

You can see the post-gig discussions over on the forums at www.dallasdancemusic.com and hopefully some decent photos in the coming days - I spotted a couple of dudes with big cameras around about the place so they should surface eventually.  Big shouts to Big John over there for taking care of me (although I need to teach him what constitutes good wine...) hehe and Jeremy and the guys on before me - I didn't really have time to chat so feel a bit bad about that - those guys brought me out to Dallas a fair few times in the past... Was also great to finally meet Mark Subsonik -  definitely a producer to look out for - I really love the trancey DnB stuff he's doing and I've been trying to persuade him to do something for Beta... So watch this space...

Oh and bollox to iTunes video selection. I've been MEGA getting into a show called 'the wire' - watched about 6 episodes on my iphone back to back on the way over here, but realised I missed a few episodes of season 3 when I was copying them the day before I flew out... For some reason iTunes UK store only has season 1 and 5 available - but the USA store has all of them and it won't let me get em. Lame... If anyone out there has season 3, episodes 2, 4 and 6 and can rapidshare them to me today I'd love you forever... (I have the DVD at home so its not naughty...)

Anywayyy. Off to LA now, playing some big rave there tonight which should be interesting... My old Uni mates from Durham are in town too so I'm hoping we can link...

Lots of love till later...


No comments: