Thursday, March 26, 2009

Miami so far...

I'm updating my twitter like a madman at the moment so if you want up to the minute info on whats going on follow me at www.twitter.com/johnbbeta

Having a great time so far. Gotta get ready to do to the IDMAs in a sec, then world of drum & bass, then technosluts, then the international gigolo party all nighter. If I survive the night I'll fill you in on the carnage tomorrow!

Monday night was chill, just had drinks at the lovely Delano hotel bar with Bailey & his girlfriend Hannah, Ceuzen from itunes and her friend Maya, my mate Casey and a few other people in and out.

Tuesday had sushi then met up with the same crew, and Shy FX, B-traits and my mate Ingmar, a Lufthansa pilot at Sushi Samba - then rolled in hardcore with a John B +7 on the guest list to Mansion (courtesy of LA Riots) and checked out Bloody Beetroots (smashed it but a bit too sidechainy and samey after an hour for me) and a bit of Benni Bennassi. Bumped into Annie Mac with Erol Alkan too, and numerous others. The bottle service randomness of that place is an issue I'll go into another time though...

Yesterday was great too, went to the DJ Mag pool party at the Shelbourne and hung out with Gareth Emery & his gang, and chatted to Allen from DJ mag and Claudia from Perfecto. Then I took off all my clothes apart from my pink speedos and did a sexy dance by the pool and jumped in. With my goggles. SexyROboNerdy oh yes. Had to leave too early to hear Dubfire but I'm determined to catch him somewhere. David Guetta was just plain cheesy, not my type of house at all. Lawler was chunky. Gui Borrato was MIGHTY. Loved his set. Grabbed sushi after that, for the 3rd time in 4 days at the same place - then went to a private party at Josh Gabriel's Villa with the prog/trance illuminati - really lovely evening, they stopped the DJing for a sec so one of his vocalists could do a little acoustic set - good stuff. Bumped into Daniel from LA Riots there who seemed all suprised we were there "I thought this was a VIP party". LOLZ. Then met up with my friend Frances from NYC, and Casey again at Lost weekend, the grimey pool hall/dive bar, & went to the white room for Shy Fx & Crazes party. Bumped into so many people in there we knew ended up staying till about 4 and then had to come home and pass out - real shame cos we were on the list for Dubfire's Sci Tek party at Space. Anyway I'm rambling....

More later...

No comments: