Monday, July 28, 2008

I VANT TO BITE U ON ZEE NECK!



Booyah!

What an amazing gig in Romania on Saturday! Got back home last night - a LONG day travelling - but man, it was worth it! We were at the Felsziget Festival, in Targu Mures, I think right in TRANSYLVANIA!! We didn't see any Vampires though - BUT lots of horses and carts! 

You can see a few photos from the gig here: 

It took AGES to get there though - I took Hayley with me so that certainly helped get through it! On a MEGA hangover after Friday night's London excursion we were on the road at 1130, flew to Frankfurt, then connected to Cluj, then a 2 hour drive through windy Romanian roads to get to Targu Mures! We managed to get showered, changed and make-up-ed in 30 mins at the hotel then ZOoooooomed to the stage. LOVED it though. The kiss arena held about 3-4000 people, massive sound system and lightshow, dancers and all that! No wine - but cunning John B & Hayley bought some Sancerre at Frankfurt airport... Hehehehe.

So yeah - it went ace - played one of my best sets of the year for sure, started with Dnb, dropped some electro&techno for about 20 mins, then went back to Dnb for the end. OH - hahaha and there was a power cut about half way through for a few minutes - the whole place went pitch black, all the sound off and everything... I had a little LED book light in my bag and shone it on my face like a little blair witch John B. Ah the joy! When the power came back on it was amazing though - the whole place just roarrrrrred. All the new tracks I've been working on went down MIGHTY. So yeah. It was a good one. Oh, and NO MCS. Thank f&%k for that. (By the way, I DO actually like MCs and think they work great with normal DnB sets - just not mine, for the most part...)

We had the video recorder out there too so will post up the tour video later in the week. I should have filmed the mud though... Romania claimed my Hi-Tops. But I returned non-vampirey. ;-)


You just go to the stars rating bit and give me lots of em - and click on the PARTY TIME bit! Looks like I'm already way about Freeland and Bukem! Huzzzah! 

***IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE PHOTOS OR CAN SHOW ME LINKS TO THEM ONLINE PLEASE POST LINKS IN THE COMMENTS! THANKS!***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad u enjoyed it as much as we did ^_^