Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yes, I DJd in a Russian Waterpark


Saturday was pretty wierd to be honest, but in a good way. It had been a heavy week really - did Cologne on Thursday, then London on Friday night, where much wine was consumed, then flew to Moscow for this gig on Saturday, then home on Sunday. I was actually in Heathrow Terminal 5 for 4 days in a row. They must have thought I was scoping out the duty free to nick some Chanel for Christmas or something...

So yeah, I was a bit daunted at the prospect of playing with electical equipment in a Russian Swimming pool (you've heard about the party where the ravers got blinded by lazers - and seen the photos of the flamethrowers behind me last time in Moscow). But it was worth it - I was literally laughing the whole 2 hours I was playing at just how random the situation was - if I'd known properly in advance I'd have been rocking the speedos too.


Gotta say big thanks to Mary and Max & everyone that took care of me, and Dimitri - good luck with the winemaking in Alsace mate!

So yeah, I was playing 2-4am in a water park, in the middle of a shopping mall, in the middle of Moscow - surrounded by people that would normally be full-on ravers, except they were in bikinis & speedos - but still dancing at full-pelt!



The video is up on the podcast now, and youtube, and facebook, and vKontakte.ru hopefully too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cologne gig was way nice, enjoyed it. nice talking to hayley too :)